Skarabäus (Scarab) Pro Max 25mm - DLC Edition by Taifun
The Taifun Scarab Pro Max 25mm DLC Edition is an unregulated MOSFET protected mechanical tube mod, utilizing a unique magnetic optical switch that provides near infinite switch and contact life, combined with a number of safety protection features.
DLC Edition Features:
This special DLC Edition of the Scarab Pro Max 25mm carries a unique two-tone blackened appearance, offering users a subtle yet classy look in dual finishes in rich black processed as a DLC coating. DLC stands for "Diamond-Like Carbon", which is a coating technique typically used for luxury watches and medical equipment, providing an ultra hard black surface on stainless steel that is extremely difficult to scratch and will not chip.
The surface of the battery sleeve was pre-treated before coating in a multi-pass special process. This treatment gives the surface a light matte and velvety finish. Black on black. Newly defined. This procedure is also used on the tank cover of the Taifun GT IV - DLC EDITION. Together with the Taifun GT IV DLC Edition, this results in a harmonious overall picture of two tones in exclusive black.
All externally visible surfaces of the battery carrier are fully coated. Due to production reasons, however, it cannot be ruled out that isolated inner surface areas are not completely or not coated at all. There may also come the appearance of "rainbow effects". These deviations can also be different for identical components, but do not represent any impairment.
All live threads were protected during the coating process, rather than removed after processing. Thus, the low intrinsic resistance (voltage drop) of the Scarab Pro Max DLC EDITION is guaranteed.
Besides the colour, all other features of the DLC Edition matches the standard Skarabaus Pro with only two differences:
- Unique serial number
- Reference to "DLC EDITION" on the battery cover
The Taifun Skarabäus Pro Max 25mm brings a couple changes over the original >> Skarabäus Pro << such as:
- Slightly larger 25mm outer diameter to perfectly match with the outer diameter of the >> Taifun GT IV RTA <<.
- Slightly larger inner chamber diameter and length, now allowing users to use 21700 batteries!
- Short battery length adjustment eliminated.
The Taifun Skarabäus Pro Max 25mm is characterized by its relatively simple operation, which excludes the usual disadvantages of a mechanical switches such as arcing, carbon build up, and performance degradation over time. The benefit of the switch design in the Skarabäus Pro results in fast and instant power ramp up for strong hits and consistent performance over time.
Through a patented new development of the Taifun magneto-optical switch, Taifun has succeeded in developing a switch that is not subject to wear and humidity with almost no risk of harm.
The recommended MINIMUM resistance of your atomizer should be no lower than 0.20Ω with 21700 batteries! Best recommended resistance is 0.30Ω or higher! Adjust the resistance minimum as required based on the current limits of the battery you use!
Recommended battery to be used with the Skarabäus Pro Max 25mm is the >> Vapcell 21700 3100mAh 35A Samsung 30T Rewrap <<.
- Microprocessor controlled
- New wear-free magneto-optical push button (patent pending photocell technology)
- Full system shutdown after 15 seconds of consistent firing, as a safety protection against unintentional operation. However, if a long hit over 15 seconds is desired and being performed on purpose, the user can extend the hit during vaping by a short-term interruption of the firing switch (interrupt for less than 1 second).
- If the device goes in to full system shutdown due to 15 second cut off protection, reactivate the system by unscrewing the battery cap (to open the circuit), and close it back up to boot back up.
- Electronic switch lock for short term deactivation of the switch. Quickly press the switch 5 times to activate/deactivate the lock. For long term storage, it is best recommended to REMOVE the battery.
- High performance MOSFET with 0.001Ω switching resistance during operation, means very fast and hard power ramp up on engagement.
- Low battery voltage warning between 2.6 to 3.0 Volts.
- System shut down once the battery voltage reaches 2.6 Volts.
- Electronic overload (short circuit) protection of the MOSFET (detection of a possible overload when the coil is below 0.2 Ω).
- Additional electronic control of the switching function of the MOSFET on voltage drop in the ON state, as well as on offset voltage at the atomizer in the OFF state.
- A reverse-polarity mechanism exists due to the design of the battery cap, which physically prevents battery connection if the the battery is accidentally installed reversed.
- Electronic reverse polarity protection also exists, in case the mechanical reverse polarity protection fails.
- The combination of both mechanical as well as electronic reverse polarity protection makes the rare case of polarity reversal as safe as possible WITHOUT suffering from deficiencies in normal operation.
- Unregulated personal vaporizer and power supply unit
- Outer diameter: 25mm
- Inner diameter: 22mm
- Material: Stainless steel (1.4301)
- Total length: 98mm
- Acceptable battery size: 1x 21700 high drain IMR lithium battery with or without nipple top
- LED built in to button for visual signalling of the device stastus
- Detachable top cap can be replaced with future optional accessory cones.
- Positive Contact: Rigid, not spring loaded
- Contacts: gold plated
- Do NOT use additional electronics such as the Evolv Kick!
- Do NOT stack batteries! Use a single cell only!
- Maximum operating voltage (no load): 4.5 Volts
- Minimum operating voltage (under load): 2.6 Volts
- Minimum coil resistance: 0.20Ω
- Maximum operating current: 20 Amps
- Maximum peak current (transient 500μs): 40 Amps
- Standby current: < 1mA
- Voltage loss (Volt-drop) of electronics without contact resistances and internal resistance of the battery:
- Voltage loss @ 10 Amps: ca. 0.04 Volts
- Voltage loss @ 20 Amps: ca. 0.08 Volts
- Electronic switch lock can be engaged by pressing the button five times quickly. Successful lock is briefly indicated by a red-lit LED.
- Electronic switch lock can be disengaged by pressing the button five times quickly again. Successful unlock is briefly indicated by a red-lit LED.
- Switch will fire when unlocked, which is indicated by a solid green-lit LED for the entire length of time the switch is pressed.
>> Download the manual for the Skarabäus Pro Max 25mm <<
Contents of Package:
- Skarabäus Pro mod
- Manual in German and English
- Metal tin
12 months from date of purchase. Warranty does not cover damage caused by liquid on the circuit board inside the battery carrier, or any defects caused by extreme excessive current peaks from extremely low builds nor damage caused by pushing batteries beyond their operating current limits.
- When not in use for long periods of time (for example, at night when sleeping), it is best recommended to remove the battery. Liquid penetration to the circuit board may cause short circuiting and auto firing when unattended, so it is best recommended to only have a battery connected during time of usage.
- Do not operate this device in an environment that is near or around flammable or explosive gases, vapor, or dust due to danger of explosion.
- The battery can be heavily loaded during operation. Using an unsuitable battery can cause hot gas venting, fire, or even explosion of the battery if the user does not take care to use a battery appropriate for the use of the atomizer's resistance build. Understand Ohm's Law and Watt's Law along with the limits of the battery you are using! If the resistance of your atomizer exceeds the current load of your battery, then change batteries or build to a higher resistance! Pay particular attention to shape deformation, smell, or smoke emission from your battery! In case of a faulty battery, there is a danger of fire or explosion!
- Keep the Skarabäus Pro dry inside and outside at all times.
- Keep the Skarabäus Pro away from high heat sources.
- Do not apply electrical voltage to the outside of the Scarab Pro.
- The Skarabäus Pro is only intended to provide the battery voltage to an atomizer unit with a minimal voltage drop for the purpose of a "vaping" as an "e-cigarette". Any use beyond this is not intended, nor permissible, nor covered by warranty.
- The Skarabäus Pro is neither a medical device, nor is it suitable for such purposes.
- The operator is responsible for all personal injury and property damage caused by improper use, not the manufacturer!
- Due to many possibilities and scenarios (various types of batteries and coils), all operating and connection errors are beyond the control of Taifun or Vapes by Enushi Corp. We can assume no liability for damages due to these extraneous circumstances.
- Due to the extremely low internal resistance of t he circuit board of typical 0.003Ω in conjunction with a high capacity battery that delivers 20 Amps (or more), a short circuit on or in the atomizer or liquid entry into the device MIGHT have dramatic effects such as fire.
DISCLAIMER: Unregulated mods are for experienced vapers with access to meters and a working knowledge of Ohms Law, Watts Law, battery safety, and how general electricity works. Please ensure care is taken as to not cause damage nor harm to the atomizer, your battery, the vaping device, yourself, others, or personal property.
Taifun and Vapes by Enushi is not responsible for misuse of product, or dangerously low coil builds. Taifun and Vapes by Enushi is not liable for the use of improper batteries for your builds.